Friday, September 23, 2011

Dustcatcher

In blogging back and forth, Dan Finnegan and I have been discussing these thumb grips and the different ways we've done them. In the discussion we talked about both of us having done this smoothed out coil version. This, strangely, is the only photo I could find of one of mine done this way. The other technique (of which I don't have a picture) is to place another coil atop the handle and smooth it out in the other direction, leaving a small gap (or even a little bead) between the two coils.

1 comment:

  1. I had to go put my thumb on the mug I have of Dan's and it is just right.
    I then picked another of a larger size...not so good- Now I really understand the difference.
    Especially since I do have short fingers and sorta small hands.

    ReplyDelete