Friday, December 23, 2011

Shipping With The Masters

Every year I ship about 500-600 boxes with my local UPS Store. Because of that, I've gotten to know the shop owners and the folks who work there. So for fun each year at holiday time, rather than wrap my gifts for them, I instead decorate the boxes. My preferred method -- because it is a UPS Store -- is to not try to disguise the fact that the boxes are, indeed, cardboard shipping boxes. I try to leave lots of exposed cardboard and tape. And I use UPS logos (and the color brown) wherever I can.

But I also try to come up with some new spin -- some new decorating idea each year. This year the silly idea came to me all of a sudden in a flash of genius. Okay, not genius. Maybe brilliance. No, not that either. Anyway, the idea came to me. It was obvious....


See, the owner's names are Vince and Lisa.

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I would love for someone to take this much care in wrapping something for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I've always had boxes to mail to family at Christmas...and always decorate them with Christmassy pictures. YOURS are THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice little early morning giggle.

    Merriest of Days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever John! Merry Christmas to you and yours! And Happy New Year. May 2012 bring us all good health, lots of smiles, and a few coins to jingle in our pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, and Merry Christmas to all of you!

    ReplyDelete