Sunday, April 26, 2009

On Breeze's Second Birthday


I and John Bauman are back from our run in the woods where I came nearly nose to nose with a four-point buck and he snorted and ran off and John Bauman (like a millstone around my neck) held me back or I would have had, like, the best breakfast EVER.

And so, as I am inclined to do, I turned my angst into song. Like most genius-types, I disguise my sources almost entirely, so it might help, if you want to sing this song along with me, for me to give you, like, a hint: This song can be sung to the tune of "Doe a Deer" by Rogers and Hammerstein. Not that it has to be, but it does ( <----"does".....i kill me!) work well that way.

Doe, a deer, a female deer
I just love fresh venison
Meat, the stuff a deer's made of
So far, I really like this song

I like grain and dairy too
But on-ly if they're made of meat
Which is why I like a nice big cow
And pigs and poultry too.

Doe, a deer, a female deer
I've a thing for venison
Bucks are al-so made of meat
A-and so I like them too

If I find a carcass and
It's been rotting for some time
I roll in it for a while
And give off a heavenly smell.

Breeze Bauman


2 comments:

  1. great pics of the doggies... love the shot of breeze running, a dog in his element

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Breeze!
    Tell your daddy that I said it was okay to roll around in the woods but that you prefer the silly striped skunks better!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete