Saturday, April 16, 2016

Politics






"Come here."

"I'm already here."

"No, you're not. I want you here."

"Again, I'm already here."

"I mean I want you by my side."

"Well, you didn't say that. You said 'I want you here'. Now you're changing the subject."

"No, I'm not changing the subject. I've said all along that I want you here."

"Exactly."

"Exactly what?"

"Exactly, you said you want me here. And, as I said before, I'm already here. Asked and answered, as they say."

"Well then, I want you there."


"Where?"

"There."


"Okay. I'll go there."


"No, I was complying with your use of language. If you won't come here because you are already here, then I want you there."


"And I complied. I moved there."

"But aren't you here now?"

"Yes."

"Well then, how do I get you here?"

"I think you just did."

"No, I mean here."

"I know."

"Okay, let's try this. You come to where I am."


"I can't."

"Why can't you?"

"the Pauli exclusion principle."

"Huh?"


"Two things cannot occupy the same space at the same time. Therefore, I cannot be where you are."

"I didn't mean exactly where I am."

"You didn't specify."

"Well, I'm specifying now. Come here."


"I'm already here."

"No, I mean come close to where I am."

"I'm already close to where you are."

"No you're not."


"Yes I am."

"No, you must be at least 20 feet away from me."


"Right. That would be my guess too."

"So you are NOT close to me."

"Yes I am. I'm way closer to you than I am to, say, the sun."

"I suppose that's so. But you are far enough away that you and I are not occupying the same space."


"Right. Pauli exclusion."

"But you're not close to me."


"You mean you're now excluding me from your circle of friends?"

"Huh?"

"You said "you're not close to me".

"Yes?"

"And I always thought we were fairly close. I've even told you some of my innermost feelings. Now you're saying that you're not close to me."

"I didn't mean 'close' that way."


"Then you mean 'close' like 'close the door'?"

"No, that's not even pronounced the same way."


"It's not?"

"No, one has a soft 's' sound and the other has a hard 's' sound."

"So one is harder to say?"

"Huh?"

"You said that one has a hard 's' sound."

"Yes?"

"Hard?"

"No, that doesn't mean it's hard to say. I refers to the sound it makes."


"But aren't you then being deceptive?"

"How so?"

"You said "the sound it makes." "

"Yes?"


"But an 's' doesn't make a sound. Your voice makes the sound, right?"

"Technically I suppose you're right. But I didn't mean to be deceiving. I was just saying that it was the sound an 's' makes when you speak it."

"There you go again."

"Where do I go again?"


"There."

"No, I'm not. I'm here."


1 comment: