Monday, January 30, 2017

Mr Moonlight




I heard the shout come from outside the shop. Being a curious kinda guy, I peeked my head out the back door, only to look up and see the moon scowling down at me.

"I wasn't watching where I was going and I rammed my foot right into this cloud here" he frowned. Then he pointed to the cloud.

I was skeptical. "Why would you need to watch where you're going anyway?" I asked. "Don't you pretty much circle the same sky every night? Besides, it doesn't look to me like you have any feet."

"I do, though" he said. "I have feet. And toes. And my big one is killing me."

"Really?" I asked, still skeptical. "I don't see feet but I'll take you at your word. You've never lied to me before. But....a cloud? Aren't clouds really, really soft?"

"Apparently not this one."

"Well, I hope your toe gets better. Your light is particularly pleasant this evening. You are really putting on a wonderful show tonight. I was enjoying it through my shop window before ... you know ... I heard you...before you stubbed your toe. But your toe's pain is my gain. You kicked that cloud pretty far across the sky now, and that means more of your wonderful silvery light tonight. Maybe I'll walk along beneath you for a while. The pots can wait."

"Harumph" he said. But I could see he was smiling at my compliment as he resumed his arc across the sky.

1 comment:

  1. Clouds are hard when they have ice in them.
    Mr. Moon sounds a bit grumpy; nice that you could cheer him up.

    ReplyDelete